The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is the worlds leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property and construction. As people, governments, banks and commercial organisations continue to demand more assurance of certified standards and ethics, attaining RICS status is the recognised mark of property professionalism.
Thornes Chartered Surveyors are a private practise firm of Chartered Surveyors and a RICS registered company. The practising valuers are RICS registered valuers and our valuations are all undertaken in compliance of the Practise Statements contained within the ‘Red Book’ ~ ‘The RICS Appraisal and Valuation Manual’.
Instructions are received for a variety of valuations;
- Market Rent / Worth and Investment Value / Fair Value
- Valuations for Secured Lending
- Valuations for Public Sector Assets
- Matrional Valuations
- Valuations for Inheritance Tax / Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Valuations for Financial Statements Under International Financial Reporting Standards
- S.36 Charity Valuations
- Housing Association Valuations
- Development Land Valuations
- Shared Ownership of Residential Property
- Specialist Commercial Valuations
Thornes are able to provide specialist property valuations for a variety of reasons on unique or individual properties such as Boat Yards, Yacht Clubs, day nurseries, hotels and buy to let portfolios. We also undertake valuations for Doctors reporting to the GPFC (the General Practice Finance Corporation) on Medical Centres, Doctors Surgeries and Dental Practices.